Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sarah's on her way to the Philippines!


Sarah called me from the SLC airport tonight.  It was great to hear her voice. She said her time in the MTC was really a great experience.  She is now on her way to the Philippines via Los Angeles then Hong Kong.  I'm hoping to get a phone call from each airport.  Here is today's email:


so im leaving today. sweet. last night i slept in a random room so i wouldn't be alone in my room (cuz that's bawal) (forbidden) anywho my room was preeeeetty deppressing with mga kasama ko gone. but its all good. im almost all packed! so i get to go to the temple once more this morning and finish up packing and then kick it till 4:30!!!! (ps the random sisters i stayed with last night were so sweet! they made my bed for me and are totes adorable) also i have a bunch of pictures buuut no way to send them to you (its super weird at the MTC how you have to send them and my only way to send them was through Sister Hayden, who is now flying to Hong Kong as we speak sooo you're out of luck. 
 Sister's in Sarah's district and her teacher.
Sarah's district

Last night we had class and it was me, two elders, and my teacher bro langer. super weird. but so fun!! he taught us a bunch of Filippino Christmas Carols that the musmos sing door to door for monies (the little ones sing for money) they were way cool. they sounded kinda hebrew and they had a dance and clap with one of them that was tooootally hebrew sounding/looking. it was way fun. then we just chatted in Taglish for a couple hours about his mission and our mtc time and what to expect. i finally told him how terrified i was when he first started teaching and he was super surprised. it was cool. i got myself a lil solo sticker for today so people aren't freaked out when im walking around without my seeesters! but i don't really need it cuz im with sister breck for most of the day...... 
talk to you tonight!
-sister jones

No comments:

Post a Comment